My Family

My Family

Monday, February 23, 2009

No More Diapers!!!

So a week ago Brendan decided he wanted to wear his Big Boy Underwear! I honestly thought it would not last very long and he would be back in his diaper as soon as he realized he had to actually get on the toilet and go. We treid this about a month ago and went out and let him pick out underwear and all that fun stuff, and it lasted a day. So anyway, I thought this would be the same thing, but I wasn't even about to discourage him! My goal has always been to only have one child in diapers at a time. It worked with Kiley before Brendan was born, but from what I had heard from other people Boys are a completely different ball game. So anyway, Brendan has not had ONE accident as far as going potty in his underwear since he decided he wanted to wear them. We JUST got the pooping thing (sorry for those with no kids on this mental image, lol! ;o) down on Friday, so we're SUPER excited. He has been going on his own for a week now and I am THRILLED!!! No more Diapers, for at least a few more months! So anyway, I was Really excited and proud of our little man! He got to go to Target and pick out a new toy of his choice from Target yesterday, so YAY!!! He was so sweet too, we told him he could pick 2 and he said he would pick one and Kiley could pick the other...AHHHH! Now let's just hope #3 is as easy as his older siblings!!! :o) I hope you all have a Great rest of your week! :o)

2 comments:

Allen and Bonnie Miller said...

YAY BRENDAN! I am so glad that it was that easy. Hopefully Isabel will be easier then Devin has been. That will be so nice to only have one in diapers!

Staci said...

Congrats! That's so exciting. Enjoy the next few months of no diapers. I had almost forgotten what it was like to have to think about diaper changing...now I get PLENTY of practice LOL