My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 2, 2008

How did we Learn SO Little when we were in Kindergarden?!

So Korry and I decided we would kind of map out a curriculum for Kiley so she would be ready for Kindergarden since we have decided not to send her to pre-school. So we went to Barnes and Noble and got some books for pre-school and Kindergarden. And let me tell you, they are doing a LOT more in Kindergarden now then "We" were when we were there! Ya know like color and count...yeah they are supposted to already do that, lol! Well Kiley was actually pretty ahead in this area, more so than I was anyway, so we zoomed through the first books and she seemed bored in the Pre-K stuff, but is learning TONS and loving the Kindergarden books. SO I am excited! We have been writing upper and lower case letters and now we're getting into the Math and reading! Thats where I was shocked, I don't know about you, but we learned BASIC math in 1st Grade and now they know most math in Kindergarden, kinda crazy! But anyway it's some Mommy Kiley time and we both are enjoying it! We usually do it M-F for about 45 minutes. So it's fun, but not too over whelming for either one of us!
I am So excited for Easter this year. It was fun last year, it was a BEAUTIFUL day and we dyed Easter eggs and did the whole Easter Bunny thing. So this year Korry will be TDY until the day before, so it's kinda up to me to get everything ready and I am SO excited! I have the kids Easter clothes and they are SO cute!!! They don't do anything with the kids for Easter through the church, which was surprising and disappointing, but we will Definetly do somethings. I am Just really hoping the weather agrees with us and helps us out and is Beautiful like it was last year, so PLEASE keep that in your prayers, lol!
We have now been planning our summer and I am SO excited that Korry will be here! There were going to be SO many things I hadn't even thought of that he was going to miss! So we were going through and I am SO excited for it to get warm and to start it all up! For 1 he is promoting. Which is awesome that we get to be there for it. He was also going to miss the Air Show, which he is kinda in charge of the PR part of it, so that will be fun also! And not to mention the only good thing about living here is the Summer!!! It's warm and Beautiful and I am Absolutely looking forward to it and I am thrilled he doesn't have to miss it!!!
OMGoodness, so Brendan has such a strong personality! He & Kiley are my amusement each and every day! They crack me up! So Brendan has started this thing where he will flex his body and he will make himself just shake...so whenever we ask him to show us his muscles he will flex and his face gets all seriouse and he shakes, It's Hilarious and we all clap and he Is SO proud of himself, it's Absolutely Adorable!!! He talks all the time! He can mimmick everything we say and then some! He is So perceptive! They are just amazing kids and we are So extremely Blessed to have them as kids!!!
So I think as of now that about it! We Hope this finds everyone doing good and I hope you have a Great week! LOVE YA!!! :o)

1 comment:

Mac said...

Hello, its mac. I just thought I would let you know about some really good websites that you can get free masters to help with reading, handwriting, and math. Check out my blog, i have them at the bottom of my page. There are so many great things you can get online that are completely free. Another good place to look is the scholastic.com site. Do you remember placing book orders from a little magazine and your teacher would take the order and in like a week you would get books? Well that is the website and you can set up a home account to get really good books and teaching resources for yourself. Hope this helps and talk to you soon..... mac